The health and well being of our patients at Women’s Imaging Specialists is always a priority. Under
normal circumstances, our offices undergo rigorous cleaning throughout the day. Since learning of
COVID-19, we are taking extra precautions to ensure the safety of our patients and staff.
Our staff members are:
- Sanitizing hands immediately before and after each patient.
- Wiping down door knobs, chairs, examination tables, and countertops with medicalgrade disinfectant after every patient.
- Enhancing daily deep cleaning of each office.
- Allowing patients to wait in their vehicle until their appointment time.
- Spacing chairs to create “social distancing” in waiting areas.
- Mandating that employees who are ill stay home.
Requests of patients to ensure safety:
- Sanitize hands immediately prior to and after visit.
- Call in advance to reschedule appointment if ill, or if recent travel to a high-risk area.
- Seniors and those with severe chronic conditions* advised to take special precautions.
- Only the scheduled patient allowed in the examination room.
- *Special note: Given that COVID19 is a new virus, its impact on certain populations is not entirely
known. If you are on a medication that affects your immune system, including biologics (i.e. Humira,
Enbrel, Cimzia, Remicade, Stelara, Tremfya, Taltz, Cosentyx, Siliq, Skyrizi) or immunosuppresants (i.e.
prednisone, methotrexate, cyclosporine, mycophenolate mofetil/Cellcept, azathioprine/Imuran,
Xeljanz), we recommend that you take special precautions. While we are not certain that patients on
these medications are at increased risk, and interestingly some of these therapies are being investigated
as therapy options for COVID19, we advise that you adhere to strict hand washing and hygiene
measures, and avoid all social gatherings. If you have a question regarding whether you should stay on
your medication, please consult with your prescribing provider.
At Women’s Imaging Specialists, we are following the latest medical information regarding COVID19,
and are here to help you navigate your screenings and diagnostics. Please keep in mind that all our
locations are not located in any hospital or share any corridors or parking areas with a hospital system.